Phil Sayer Lifetime Achievement Award
The Phil Sayer Lifetime Achievement Award is presented annually to honor an individual whose remarkable achievements in the fire service and community exemplifies outstanding performance. The award is sponsored by Volunteer Firemen’s Insurance Service (VFIS) in conjunction with the Fire Fighters Association of Missouri.
The following non-exclusive list of criteria will be considered during evaluation of the nominee:
Nominee must have given outstanding service to the fire service in general.
Nominee is not judged for heroism.
Nominee has overall community involvement.
Nominee has demonstrated their ability to make positive influences on the fire service.
- Nominee must be a current member of the Fire Fighters Association of Missouri for the year nominated and also a member for the year prior to the nomination or was a member of a department for the two years prior to retirement.
- All nominations must include the completed (legible) official nomination form.
- Complete nomination forms and supporting documentation must be received by February 28th.
- Those making nominations will receive an acknowledgement of receipt of the nomination.
- The committee reserves the right to evaluate all nominations and exclude any not complying with the stated awards process.
- All nominations and associated documentation become the property of the FFAM.
- This award may not be presented based on evaluation of nominations received.